This is the first conference of its kind in Southern Africa, where we bring together communication practioners to share experience and learn from each other.
Our vision is to build a community of practice with people from civil society, funders, NGOs, government and the advertising and creative industries who have a shared understanding of the value of communication. We want to have the capability and strength to use communication to bring leadership and innovation to transformation. To do this we must be disruptive, curious, smart and effective.
The thrust of most of the work we do in Change Communication is to advance the Sustainability Development Goals, the international framework for delivering wide ranging improvements in the lives of billions of people. As communicators we need to be able to use and develop our skills to drive these goals through articulating our stories and supporting positive, empowered action amongst individuals, communities and governments, be it for health, environmental protection, education, food security or gender rights.
We as a community need to talk more and do more. We work in field in which we have diminishing rather than increasing resources at a time of the greatest need. We need to immerse ourselves in innovation and commit to open collaboration. We need to look outwards towards the many people and organisations around the world that are doing game-changing work and inwards towards ourselves and at how we can work smarter with rigour and precision.
The Communication for Change Conference 2018 at a Glance
|Conference dates:||30 October – 1 November 2018|
|Venue:||Destiny Hotel Kempton Park, South Africa|
|Theme:||“Communication for Impact”|
|Conference Tracks:||Track 1: What works: Approaches and methodologies
Track 2: Research and building evidence for Communication
Track 3: Being digital: Digital and mobile platforms
Track 4: How the other half Live: What we can learn from the
Track 5: From mass media to hyper-local: building effective
The Communication for Change Conference 2018 will be held at the Destiny Hotel in Kempton Park.
The Communication for Change Conference 2018 is aiming to be attended by 200 people. The conference will provide a platform for learning for a range of actors involved in SBCC to learn best practices, discover innovative ideas and share experiences and successes.
- Government departments (programme and Communication units) DOH, DSD, Health, other
- NPO, NGO’s, CBO’s, FBO
- Civil society organisations
- Private sectors organisations (Health, Insurance, advertising, marketing)
- Donors/ policy makers
- Advertising, PR and Media Production Agencies, Writers, Social media experts
- Academia/ Students – media, communication, advertising, culture
The Communication for Change Conference 2018 provides sponsors with an opportunity to create a high profile association with one of South Africa’s most important events. It is a way to develop a relationship from which both parties can benefit and to ensure that we have maximized all possible opportunities and returns to our sponsors.
Sponsorship benefit packages are customised to ensure that they are aimed at achieving the specific objectives of each sponsor. The collection of recommended sponsorship benefits are designed to increase the exposure and positioning of your business and corporate image.
In addition to offering category exclusivity, a number of unique sponsorship opportunities are offered on a priority basis to the highest level sponsors.
Distinct levels of sponsorship are presented in this proposal:
- Principal Sponsor
- Major Sponsor
- Conference Supporter
- Selected Sponsorship Opportunities
Option A: Principal Sponsor (Non-Exclusive)
R 200,000 (Two Hundred Thousand Rand Excl. VAT)
This is the premier sponsorship opportunity offered exclusively to top-level contributors.
- Highlighted announcement of the sponsor’s status in pre-conference and on-site documentation.
- Credit in all correspondence as regarding the Conference. This includes the invitations, press releases, media coverage as well as all conference related correspondence.
- Recognition of sponsorship status on the conference website, with hot link to sponsors website if desired.
- First priority opportunity for exclusive sponsorship of high profile publications.
- Use of conference name, logo and slogan as approved (i.e. promotion and association rights).
- Full page full colour advertisement in the final conference programme (print ready format).
- Bag inserts – Company may supply items that may be added to the delegate bags, these items must be relevant to the conference and approved by the conference organizers.
Option B: Major Sponsor (Non-Exclusive)
R 100,000 (One Hundred Thousand Rand Excl. VAT)
This category showcases leading corporations/organisations at the Communication for Change Conference 2018.
- Credit in all correspondence regarding the conference. This includes the invitations, press releases, media coverage as well as all conference related correspondence.
- Recognition of sponsorship status on the conference website, with a hot link to sponsor’s website if desired.
- ½ page full colour advert in the final conference programme (print ready format).
Option C: Conference Supporter (Non-Exclusive)
R 50,000 (Fifty Thousand Rand Excl. VAT)
- Status as a “Proud Supporter” of the Communication for Change Conference 2018, where appropriate.
- Credit in all correspondence regarding the conference. This includes the invitations, press releases, media coverage as well all conference related correspondence.
- Use of conference name, logo, and slogan as approved.
- Listing of sponsor status on the conference website, with a hot link to sponsor’s website if desired.
Option D: Selected Sponsorship Opportunities
Option D1: Delegate Bag (Exclusive)
R 50,000 (Fifty Thousand Rand Excl. VAT)
Always a popular “collectable” at conferences, sponsorship of the delegate bag provides the sponsor with an excellent marketing opportunity during the Conference week and extended exposure for years beyond. The sponsor company will be recognized by a company logo on the front of the bag. (To be decided upon once the style of the bag has been finalised).
Option D2: Pens and Notepads (Exclusive)
(Sponsor to supply)
Branded pens and notepads to be included in registration packs.
Option D3: Lanyards (Exclusive and Co Branded with the Conference Logo)
R 30,000 (Thirty Thousand Rand Excl. VAT)
Lanyards or “neck cords” are attached to the name badge and is a highly visible item worn by every delegate and thus a wonderful marketing tool. The sponsor will have its name and logo tastefully presented on the cord. The lanyards will highlight the theme of “Communication for Impact” and will be co branded with both the conference logo and the sponsors logo
Option D4: Full Page Colour Advert in the Final Delegate Programme
R 8,000 (Eight Thousand Ran Excl. VAT) (Sponsor to supply print read version)
Option D5: Half Page Colour Advert in the Final Delegate Programme
R 4,000 (Four Thousand Rand Excl. VAT) (Sponsor to supply print ready version)
A comprehensive exhibition will form an integral part of the Communication for Change and will run concurrently from 30 October to 1 November 2018. All exhibiting companies will have a unique opportunity to showcase their innovative concepts, products & services.
Standard Exhibition Package: The exhibition will be based on a space only area laid out upon a 3 x 3 meter grid. A basic floor space area is supplied with a table and two chairs.
Contact Details for Sponsorships & Exhibitors
Interested parties are requested to complete the registration form and fax it to the conference organisers. Certain sponsorship and exhibition opportunities are limited and will be strictly allocated in order of fax receipts.
Further information concerning exhibitions will be submitted as soon as the conference co-coordinator has received the notification of intent. An invoice will be mailed to your organisation with a confirmation of your booking.
For Further Information:
Sponsorship and Exhibition Manager
Tel: +27 12 816 9127
Mobile: +27 82 822 1131
Full payment on invoice.
Sponsorship Cancellation Policy:
No cancellation on selected sponsorships is applicable once Sponsorship Application has been submitted.